Tuesday, January 3, 2023 (continued)
Now to turn on Mill Street to continue the historic and architectural tour in Danville, PA.
 |
Montour County Courthouse at 253 Mill Street (1871, by Charles Wetzel in Italianate style) |
 |
A Montour Ridge iron ore mine car as a tribute to the men who worked in the mines, and to those who developed the first iron "T" rail in America |
 |
Former Bank of Danville at 315 Mill Street (1881) |
 |
325 Mill Street (early 1800s, in Federal style) was the first brick home built in Danville |
 |
363 Mill Street (c 1920, in Art Deco style) |
 |
407 Mill Street (1919, as a recreational facility for the female employees of a silk mill) |
 |
437 Mill Street (1920, in Italianate style) |
 |
453 Mill Street (1872, as the City Hotel, concrete façade added in 1920s) |
 |
463 Mill Street (1922, as the Masonic Lodge in Classical Revival style) is the Borough Hall |
 |
Overbite IPA at the Old Forge Brewing company where we had an early dinner |
 |
A beer mug "carousel" and rack |
 |
615 Mill Street (c 1869, as the Union Hotel in Italianate style) |
 |
General William Montgomery House at 11 Bloom Street (1792, in Federal style) |
 |
Mural (2013, by Jo Pennypacker) on Bloom Street at Mill Street, depicts Danville's iron heritage and the Rails to Trails bike path |
 |
Former First National Bank at 630 Mill Street (1923, in Classical Revival style) |
 |
608 Mill Street (1970, in Italianate style) |
 |
Mural (c 2014, by Jon Laidacker) at 558 Mill Street, depicts a blend from the 1900s to today in a street scene |
 |
Remnant of the North Branch Canal (1828-1832), used for shipping coal and "T" rails |
 |
Post Office at 410 Mill Street (1939) |
 |
Keystone Building at 362-364 Mill Street (late 1800s, in Italianate style) |
 |
Baldy House at 338 Mill Street (1870) |
 |
Mahoning Presbyterian Church at 352 Ferry Street (1853, in Greek Revival style)) |
 |
Thomas Beaver Free Library and YMCA at 317 Ferry Street (1886, by Charles Wetzel) was built with Ohio gray stone with granite trimmings and Scotch granite columns; now just the library |
 |
58 East Market Street (c 1870, in Second Empire style) was built with green-tinged stone and granite |
 |
Former Reading Railroad Station at 712 Railroad Street (1876 in Philadelphia for the Centennial Exposition in Fairmount Park, moved to Danville in late 1800s) |
Next: Angelica, NY.
No comments:
Post a Comment